Sunday, 12 February 2017
List of Important Stadiums and their locations
- The Lords Cricket Ground - London, United Kingdom
- The Oval Cricket Stadium – London, United Kingdom
- Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne, Australia
- Eden Gardens – Kolkata, India
- The Wanderers – Johannesburg, South Africa
- Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia
- The WACA stadium – Perth, Australia
- Old Trafford stadium – Manchester, Australia
- Newlands stadium – Cape Town, South Africa
- M.A. Chidambaram Stadium – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Feroz Shah Kotla Ground – Delhi, India
- M. Chinnaswamy Stadium – Bangalore, India
- Wankhede Stadium – Mumbai, India
- Total expenditure is Rs. 21, 47,000 Crore.
- Rs.3000 Crore for implementing budget announcements under department of Economics.
- Defense expenses, excluding pension- Rs 2, 74,114 Crore.
- Expenses in science and technology- Rs. 37,435 Crore.
- Total resources transferred to States and UTs -Rs 4.11 lakh Crore
- Recommended fiscal deficit for 3 years – 3% with deviation of 0.5% of GDP.
- Revenue deficit- 1.9%
- Pegged fiscal deficit of 2017-18 at 3.2% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and remain committed to achieving 3% in the next year.
- The fund given to NABARD is increased to Rs.40, 000 Crore from Rs.20, 000 Crore.
- 10 lakh Crore is allocated to farmers as credit, with 60 days interest waiver.
- To test soil, govt. will set up mini labs KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRAS (KVK).
- An initial amount of Rs.5, 000 Crore to set up micro irrigation for NABARD.
- Rs 2,000 Crore for Dairy processing infrastructure fund.
- Issuance of soil cards has gained momentum.
- A new law on Contract Farming will be prepared & shared with the states.
Directions (1-15): In the following Questions, there are four sentences. Each sentence has pairs of words/phrases that are italicized and highlighted. From the italicized and highlighted word(s)/phrase(s), select the most appropriate word(s)/phrase(s) to form correct sentences. Then choose the best option.
Q1. (i) Several pages of the book have come loose [A]/lose [B].
(ii) I am totally uninterested [A]/disinterested [B] in grammar. It’s boring.
(iii) Almost every decade someone or the other comes out with the prophecy [A]/prophesy [B] that the world is going to end.
(iv) I loath [A]/loathe [B] to admit that I was totally jealous.
Q2. (i) The film was boring except for the special effects [A]/affects [B].
(ii) She must realize that she is eighteen and past [A]/passed [B] playing with dolls.
(iii) She is not anymore financially dependent [A]/dependant [B] on her husband.
(iv) She raised an intent for more stationary [A]/stationery [B] for the office.
Q3. (i) The storm wreaked [A]/wrecked [B] havoc along the coast.
(ii) Though humorous his repartees are often mordent [A]/mordant [B].
(iii) Accessory [A]/Excess [B] minerals are disregarded by petrologists while classifying rocks.
(iv) I hope we have good whether [A]/weather [B] during our trip
Q1. A container contains mixture of milk and water in which milk is 80%. 75% of mixture is taken out and 10 water is added, now the concentration of milk in the mixture is 60%. Find the quantity of milk initially.
(e) None of these
Q2. The ratio of investment of A, B, C and D in a business is 2 : 3 : 5 : 7. A and B started the business initially, while C and D joined the business after 4 months. After 1 year the profit of C is equal to the average of the profit of A and D. i.e. 12000 Rs. Then find the Share of B.
(a) 10000 Rs
(b) 10800 Rs
(c) 12000 Rs
(d) 11000 Rs
(e) None of these
Q3. The length of a rectangle is increased by 49.99%.While its breadth is decreased by 10.01%. Then find the percentage change in area.
(a) 35% increase
(b) 45% increase
(c) 25% increase
(d) 30% increase
(e) None of these