Directions (1-5) : In these questions, the sentence has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for the blanks which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1) By running liquid chocolate__________ an electric field. researchers were able to make it _____ more easily.
a) across, gushing
b) during, stream
c) through, flow
d) among, move
e) in, tidal
2) India is _____ a tea-drinking country, with coffee _____to the instant variety, except in the south.
a) essentially, only
b) most, confined
c) simply, limiting
d) predominantly, restricted
3) There is no of capital to _____ finance massive infrastructure development provided the Projects involving huge investments are ____ with transparency.
a) dearth, handled
b) deny, managed
c) shortage, completely
d) paucity, direct
e) absent, persuaded
4) Auto makers are likely to use the cash pile to ____ R&D capabilities as well as_____ new models.
a) restored, launch
b) strengthen, introduce
c) extent, offer
d) enhance, advanced
e) Extent, Launch
5) As per the____norms that remain unchanged. firms will have to ____the sourcing norms from the time of opening of' the first store,
a) prevailing, adhere
b) Existing, meet
c) Recently, accommodate
d) current. abide
e) actually, fit
Directions (6-10) : Rearrange the given six sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper. sequence as to form as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the given questions.
(A) It is evident from the fact that from shopping. Ordering food, booking vacations to money transfers, everything is going digital.
(B) Technology today has seeped into every facet of our lives.
(C) This and a variety of problems now can be solved easily as healthcare providers can adopt technologies to improve, simplify and better manage the quality of their services.
(D) However, in our country we still have a long way to go for overhauling the existing healthcare infrastructure to one that is truly technology driven.
(E) The first step in this direction would be capturing all patient health information at the point f are, especially hospitals and clinics.
(F) For instance, in medical emergency situations, the lack of readily available patient health information at the point of care still impacts millions of people each year-leading to adverse health conditions and even death.
6) Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after the rearrangement ?
7) Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after the rearrangement ?
8) Which of the following should be the SIX (LAST) sentence after the rearrangement ?
9) Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after the rearrangement ?
10) Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after the rearrangement ?
1) c 2) d 3) a 4) d 5) b 6) e 7) a 8) a 9) c 10) d