DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:6TH MARCH
- GST Council approves draft for Central Goods Service Tax(CGST)and Integrated Goods and Service Tax(IGST).The revised peak rate of 20% is included in stead of earlier 18%.Next meeting of the council will be held on 16th March to finalize the draft of State and Union Territory GST.
- Google India and state Government of Telangana have signed MoU to sign the digitization effort of the state.Hyderabad university will get funding of Rs 113 Crore for the next five years in the field of Strategic defense research project.
- Punjab and J&K has signed a renewed deal to complet the Shahpur Kandi Project.
- The State Government of Andhra Pradesh has renamed the Gannavaram Airport as NTR Amaravati Airport and Tirupati Airport as Sri Venkateswara Airport.
- The State Government of Assam has made Sanskrit education mandatory for all school boards till class viii.The State cabinet chaired by Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal has made the decision.
- Multinational IT firm has signed a deal to acquire Japanese digital firm 'Brilliant Service Co'.this company is specialized in intelligent product and solutions,digital strategy,product design and engineering,enterprise mobility,Internet of things.
- China is going to build underwater observatory in the disputed South China Sea(SCS).
- State Bank of India has revised Monthly Account Average Balance(MAB)in their savings bank accounts from April 1,2017.The minimum balance for savings account in Metropolitan area will be Rs 5000,in Urban area it will be Rs. 3000,in semi-urban are it will be Rs 2000,while for rural areas The monthly average is Rs 1000.
- Veteran politician and former member of Parliament Yumnam Yaima Singh from Imphal,Manipur has passed away at the age of 95.
- Former IFS and MP Syed Shahabuddin has passed away at the age of 82.