Friday, 2 October 2015
As the exam is just around the corner, it’s time to plan and well strategies your preparation to ensure success in the IBPS PO V Prelim exam. If you look at the exam pattern, the total number of questions in this exam is 100 and you will get only 60 minutes (one hour) to solve all the questions. The difficulty level of the prelim exam will be of moderate level.
Remember, you have to qualify all the three sections individually and score well in the exam, to get a call for the next phase i.e. IBPS PO Mains (Tier II) exam. Smart strategy gets you good scores. But knowing what questions to attempt first can make a whole lot of difference
As banking exams are all about accuracy, speed, and knowing the questions you should do first, you can never skip any one of the above aspects if you are looking to score well. But the catch is that your speed and accuracy in the exam depends a lot on questions you attempt first.
Negative marking system exists in the scoring pattern of this exam, which is why you must ensure that you answer the questions attempted correctly. A few wrong answers could ruin your chances of making through this exam successfully. Put in your time and effort into questions that you are hundred percent confident about, and which can be solved without wasting too much time.
Here, Bankfreepdfs.blogspot.in brings you a list of Tips & Strategies to successfully qualify the IBPS PO V Prelims Exam 2015.
Tips & Strategy for each section– The best approach is to do a section wise planning, focus on your strengths and weakness and work on them accordingly. Which section should I attempt first in IBPS Prelim Exam and why?
Go for the section first you’re most confident with. If you are good in solving questions of the English Language section, then attempt that section first, or if you are good in Reasoning or Quant start your exam with those sections. This will give you a lot of confidence. Once, your confidence is boosted, go for the subject you find the toughest.
Considering this theory, we have brought you a detailed section – wise study of questions you must attempt first to score well in the IBPS PO V Prelim Exam 2015. So here we go –
1. English Language: Undoubtedly, candidates can start with questions they have good command over. But still there are a few ideal points, which will help them in deciding the order of questions to be answered. It is always a good idea to attempt the English section in the following order:
(i) Fill in the Blanks
(ii) Cloze test
(iii) Spotting the Error
(iv) Sentence Improvement
(v) Reading Comprehension
2. Reasoning: Start with those questions which are not lengthy and which appear easy to you. It is always a good idea to attempt the Reasoning section in the following order:
(iii) Miscellaneous questions
(iv) Input/ Output
(v) Seating Arrangement/ Puzzle – Do not start reasoning section with these types of questions, if you get stuck on these questions, you will lose valuable time.
3. Quantitative Aptitude: Quant is the most scoring section. Do not start quant section with those questions which are lengthy or involve too many calculations. It is always a good idea to attempt the Quant section in the following order:
(ii) Quadratic Equation
(iii) Data Interpretation– Questions on Data Interpretation are usually scoring, short and not very time consuming, and thereby should be the first ones to be solved.
(iv) Number series – Please do not stick on trying to solve number series questions. Skip the questions, if you are unable to find the series.
(v) Miscellaneous questions – Average, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, etc.
Note: You must not attempt questions serial wise. Attempt those questions which appear easy to you.
How much time to allocate in each section?
A total of one hour is allotted for all the 3 sections in this examination. To qualify each section to score overall good marks, time Management is very important. To master your timing skills make a target time and achieve it. So, here we bring to you a time allocation strategy across each section in the exam –
Time Management for each sectionENGLISH 15 MINSREASONING 22 MINS
QUANT 23 MINS
Important Tips for IBPS PO V Prelim Exam –
1. Short Cut to achieve success in IBPS PO V Prelim exam is to find and attempt easy questions first.
2. You will be in a safe zone if you can fetch 10 to 15 marks in each section plus an overall 45-50 marks to get into Phase II.
3. Each question needs a certain time to be solved, the question to time ratio in the IBPS PO V Prelim Exam is less than 1. Thus, skip all the time consuming questions and do them later when you are sure that you have attempted as many easy and scoring questions as you could have.
4. Time Management is very important for the Prelims. To master your timing skills make a target time and achieve it.
5. During the last one week, you should focus only on the practice sessions. Practice the 1 hour IBPS PO V Prelim Mock Test, which will help you to improve speed and accuracy.
All The Best & Good Luck for Exam!!